IARS Annual Meeting
Kosaka Best Abstract Awards
The Kosaka Best Abstract Awards are awarded to the top scoring abstracts submitted to the IARS Annual Meeting in three categories: Clinical Research, Basic Science, or Scholars. Three (3) Top Finalists will be selected in each category and present during the Kosaka Best Abstract Session (5 minute talk, 3 minute Q&A, 5 slide max). The finalists will receive a $50 prize and one winner from each category will receive $500.
The Kosaka Best Abstract Awards are supported by the Japan Society for Clinical Anesthesia (JSCA) and the International Anesthesia Research Society (IARS). The founder of the JSCA, Dr. Futami Kosaka, started a cooperative relationship with IARS in 1990 and developed the foundation for today’s Kosaka Best Abstracts Session.
- Must be submitted to the IARS Annual Meeting.
- Must be submitted in Clinical Research, Basic Science or Scholars.
The presenting author indicated in the abstract submission:
- Will receive the prize.
- Is not required to have an active IARS Membership.
- For the scholars category, author must be junior faculty member within the first six years of faculty appointment at the instructor or assistant professor level.
The abstract must be presented during the Kosaka Best Abstracts Session at the IARS Annual Meeting.
The Finalists will receive:
- $50 and a certificate after the IARS Annual Meeting
One winner from each category will receive:
- $500 and a plaque after the IARS Annual Meeting