IARS Annual Meeting
Kosaka Best Abstract Awards
The Kosaka Best Abstract Awards are awarded to the top scoring abstracts submitted to the IARS Annual Meeting in three categories: Clinical Research, Basic Science or by a scholar. Three (3) Top Finalists and seven (7) Finalists are selected in each category. The awardees will receive a $50 prize and will present during the Kosaka Best Abstracts Session. One winner from each category will receive $500.
The Kosaka Best Abstract Awards are supported by the Japan Society for Clinical Anesthesia (JSCA) and the International Anesthesia Research Society (IARS). The founder of the JSCA, Dr. Futami Kosaka, started a cooperative relationship with IARS in 1990 and developed the foundation for today’s Kosaka Best Abstracts Session.
KOSAKA BEST ABSTRACTS SESSION
The Kosaka Best Abstracts Session Finalists will present their work during an oral session. The Top Finalists will provide an oral presentation (5 min. oral presentation, plus 3 min. for Q&A; Max of 5 slides). One (1) winner from each category will be determined at the conclusion of the awards session.
- Must be submitted to the IARS Annual Meeting.
- Must be submitted in Clinical Research, Basic Science or by a Scholar.
The presenting author indicated in the abstract submission:
- Must be junior faculty member within the first six years of faculty appointment at the instructor or assistant professor level
- Will receive the prize.
- Is not required to have an active IARS Membership.
The abstract must be presented during the Kosaka Best Abstracts Session at the IARS Annual Meeting.
If the presenting author is not able to attend the IARS Annual Meeting, any co-author may present the abstract. However, the prize will be given to the presenting author indicated in the initial submission.
- $50 and a certificate during the IARS Annual Meeting
The Winners will receive:
- $500 and a plaque after the IARS Annual Meeting