All poster and abstract notifications were sent on January 10, 2022. Please contact [email protected] if you did not receive your notification.
Important Note on Virtual Poster Presentations:
Due to the overwhelming number of abstract submissions this year, it was not possible to accept all posters for in-person presentation at the meeting. If your abstract was accepted for virtual presentation only, it is not possible to change it to an in-person presentation.
Please note – presenters who were accepted for virtual poster presentation are welcome to attend the in-person meeting to attend educational sessions. Your poster will still be presented virtually only. When registering, please register for the in-person meeting only; you will still have access to the virtual poster site.
POSTER SESSION DATES/TIMES
In-person posters will take place in Coral Ballroom 3 of the Hilton Hawaiian Village. All times are Hawaii Standard Time (HST).
- Poster Session A (In-Person): Thursday, March 17, 11:15 am – 12:15 pm HST
- Poster Session B (Virtual): Thursday, March 17, 3:45 pm – 4:45 pm HST
- Poster Session D (In-Person): Friday, March 18, 10:30 am – 11:15 am HST
- Poster Session F (Virtual): Friday, March 18, 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm HST
- Poster Session C (In-Person): Friday, March 18, 9:00 am – 10:00 am HST
- Poster Session E (In-Person): Friday, March 18, 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm HST
Virtual posters for SOCCA will be open for the entirety of the meeting and have no dedicated poster session time.
- Poster Session G (In-Person): Saturday, March 19, 9:30 am – 10:30 am HST
- Poster Session H (In-Person): Saturday, March 19, 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm HST
- Poster Session I (In-Person): Sunday, March 20, 10:45 am – 11:45 am HST
- Poster Session J (In-Person): Sunday, March 20, 1:45 pm – 2:45 pm HST
Virtual posters for IARS will be open for the entirety of the meeting and have no dedicated poster session time.
REVISIONS AND REASSIGNMENTS
Revisions to the Abstract Submission, including the Author Listing, Title, Body and Figures, are not permitted. The Abstract will be included in the Annual Meeting materials as submitted.
As noted during abstract submission, the Presenting Author will also be the first author in the final author listing.
POSTER PRESENTER REIMBURSEMENT POLICY
Poster Presenters at the IARS, AUA, and SOCCA Annual Meetings are responsible for all expenses including registration and travel. No reimbursement is provided. Presenters must register for the annual meeting(s) in which they are presenting.
Creating Your Paper Poster Presentation (In-Person Presenters Only)
In-person presenters are asked to create a traditional paper poster for display in the poster hall on the day of their session. Each presenter will be provided a poster board that is 8’ W x 4’ H (2.43 meters by 1.21 meters). Allow room for a 1-inch border.
Your poster should include:
- The most successful posters are graphically rich presentations of your research that highlight and summarize the main points, with the poster presenter filling in the details in person at the session. The least effective poster format is an enlarged copy of your manuscript.
- Place the title of your paper and authors prominently at the top of the poster.
- Include the authors’ names and contact information in case the viewer is interested in more information.
- Include the background of your research followed by results and conclusions. A successful poster presentation depends on how well you convey information to an interested audience.
Size, fonts, and color:
- The maximum poster size is 8’ W x 4’ H (2.43 meters by 1.21 meters). Allow room for a 1-inch border.
- Prepare diagrams or charts legibly in a size sufficient to be read at a distance of 2 meters.
- Recommended font sizes:
- Headers: at least 36-point font (1.2 cm height)
- Paragraph and figure captions: at least in a 24-point font (0.9 cm height)
- Body copy: at least 25-point font (1.0 cm height)
- Choose your colors to provide strong contrast and avoid pairing red and green elements to assist those with red-green color blindness.
- A serif font (e.g., Times) is often easier for reading main text, and a non-serif font (e.g., Arial or Helvetica) is more legible for headers and figure labels.
In-person presenters also have the option to create a virtual poster for display in the online poster gallery of the virtual meeting site. Please review the requirements below.
Poster Printing (In-Person Presenters Only)
Print a high-resolution copy of your poster to present onsite; the size must not exceed 8’ W x 4’ H (2.43 meters by 1.21 meters). In-person poster presenters are responsible for printing and transporting their poster to the meeting. There is no poster printing service offered this year.
Due to nationwide shipping delays, we strongly recommend printing your poster in your home location and carrying it with you when you travel.
Creating your Virtual Poster Presentation
You will be able to upload an image of your poster, along with a video or audio file with information about your abstract and poster.
- Please create a PDF file with a 16:9 aspect ratio (e.g. 2560 x 1440). Because our poster viewer has built in zoom controls, the absolute size isn’t necessarily important, but a minimum of 2560×1440 will yield clear results.
- Final PDF is limited to 1 Slide/Page only
- We recommend using PowerPoint (2007 or newer) but you can use any other software you wish.
- Make sure your text and background have a large contrast (dark lettering on a light background or the reverse).
- Do not use animated effects, “animations” and videos.
Optional Video/Audio Submission
Presenters may upload ONE short video or audio file with their poster – no more than 5 minutes. We recommend recording with Zoom for videos, but you may use any platform you wish.
- How to record video/audio with Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362473-Local-recording
- How to record audio with PowerPoint slide: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-and-record-audio-in-powerpoint-eeac1757-5f20-4379-95f2-0d0cd151d5b8
Note: The poster site does not support Poster Files uploaded via Sharepoint URLs.
Uploading your Virtual Poster Presentation
Information on how to submit your virtual poster will be sent in mid February 2022.