SOCCA ANNUAL MEETING
Congratulations to the 2023 Award Winners:
Young Investigator Winner:
Tissue-protective and immunomodulatory functions of mature B cells in a murine model of hyperoxic lung injury
Dusan Hanidziar, MD, PhD, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
Young Investigator – 1st Runner Up:
Outcomes with Single-Site Dual Lumen versus Multisite Cannulation for Adults with COVID-19 Respiratory Failure Receiving Venovenous Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation
Andres De Lima, MD, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA
Young Investigator – 2nd Runner Up:
The Relationship Between Cumulative Fluid Balance on Day of ICU Discharge and Cardiac Surgery Outcomes
George Gill, MD, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
Young Investigator Award
The Young Investigator Award is awarded annually to the three (3) top scoring abstracts submitted to the SOCCA Annual Meeting by early-stage anesthesiologists. The awardees exemplify the Society’s mission to educate anesthesiologists in the care of critically ill patients and to foster the knowledge and practice of critical care medicine by anesthesiologists. The awardees will present orally during the Young Investigator Awards Session.
The abstract must be submitted to the SOCCA Annual Meeting.
The presenting author indicated in the abstract submission:
- Must have an active SOCCA Membership.
- Will receive the prize.
- Must provide an oral presentation (10 min. oral presentation, plus 3 min. for Q&A; Max of 10 slides) during the Young Investigator Awards Session at the SOCCA Annual Meeting is required in order to receive the award.
Note: The Young Investigator Award cannot be presented by a co-author.
Young Investigator Award – Winner
- Plaque during the SOCCA Annual Meeting
- $1000 after the SOCCA Annual Meeting
Young Investigator Award – 1st and 2nd Runners up
- Certificate during the SOCCA Annual Meeting