SOCCA ANNUAL MEETING
Young Investigator Award
The Young Investigator Award is awarded annually to the three (3) top scoring abstracts submitted to the SOCCA Annual Meeting by early-stage anesthesiologists. The awardees exemplify the Society’s mission to educate anesthesiologists in the care of critically ill patients and to foster the knowledge and practice of critical care medicine by anesthesiologists. The awardees will present orally during the Young Investigator Awards Session.
The presenting author indicated in the abstract submission:
- Must have an active SOCCA Membership.
- Will receive the prize.
- Must provide an oral presentation (10 min. oral presentation, plus 3 min. for Q&A; Max of 10 slides) during the Young Investigator Awards Session at the SOCCA Annual Meeting is required in order to receive the award.
Note: The Young Investigator Award cannot be presented by a co-author.
- Round-trip economy airfare to the SOCCA Annual Meeting and one night at Headquarters Hotel during the SOCCA Annual Meeting
- Plaque during the SOCCA Annual Meeting
- $1000 after the SOCCA Annual Meeting
Young Investigator Award – 1st and 2nd Runners up
- Certificate during the SOCCA Annual Meeting
Lifetime Achievement Award
The Lifetime Achievement Award is the highest and most prestigious award given to a member of the organization recognized by the broader critical care community as a significant leader in the critical care anesthesiology profession. Selection for this honor recognizes an individual’s outstanding and sustained contributions to the critical care profession and SOCCA, as well as exemplary professional practice and leadership. The awardee will provide an oral presentation during the Lifetime Achievement Award Session.
- Must be a SOCCA Member or retired member.
- Current members of the SOCCA Board of Directors are not eligible.
- The nominee must have served SOCCA and the profession of critical care anesthesiology in a significant leadership capacity, demonstrating the qualities of leadership and service to the critical care anesthesiology profession by her/his professional and personal example.
- An oral presentation (30 min. oral presentation, plus 10 min. for Q&A) during the Lifetime Achievement Award Session at the SOCCA Annual Meeting is required.
Nominations: Nominations are closed. For questions, contact the Society Director, Vivian Abalama, CAE, IOM at [email protected].